Sunday, July 17, 2011

Weekend in Sweden

Saturday 16th

On Saturday we headed out to visit one of the King and Queen's 15 palaces. This one was called DrottningHolm Slott.


Slott means Castle in Swedish. while this was not their primary residence, it was certainly spectacular. It was first built in 1681, so makes it over 350 years old!


We had a look around the gardens and the buildings. I even accidentally stepped over the semi circle and incurred the wrath of one of the guards.


Afterwards we had a lovely picnic that Sara had prepared.


We walked around the grounds and my misunderstanding Erik the night before when he was talking about having cheese balls, and I thought he said sheep balls, became a little funny when we were being followed by a number of sheep!

We headed home for a power nap and then had a great BBQ with Kent, Burgita, Steffann and Michael and his wife


Ulrika.

It was a lovely evening, hover due to my jet lag, I went to bed by 10.30pm.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Jacobsberg,Sweden

No comments:

Post a Comment